Finally. This is how it starts. Fuck Congress.
OK GE…lead the way and hopefully others will follow.
Today Mayor Bloomberg announced the expansion of the City’s recycling program to include for the first time the recycling of all rigid plastics including toys, hangers, shampoo bottles, coffee cups and food containers.
The expansion is part of the City’s Solid Waste Management Plan and is…
Good news on the NYC recycling front.
1. Songwriting Works
2. Milton - new album fundraiser
3. Team Sam Cancer fund
4. Esther’s Artic Trek for MS
5. Ryan’s Nursing School in Ecuador
6. Brooklyn Bridge Park Junior Committee Event
7. American Cancer Society
8. Kids Walk for Kids With Cancer - Team Toby
9. Leukemia & Lymphoma Society - Team In Training Run
“I am simply unable to comprehend how assault weapons and large capacity magazines have a role in your vision,” he said. “The NRA I see today has undermined the values upon which it was established. Your current strategic focus clearly places priority on the needs of gun and ammunition manufacturers while disregarding the opinions of your 4 million individual members.”
“One only has to look at the makeup of the 75-member board of directors, dominated by manufacturing interests, to confirm my point. The NRA appears to have evolved into the lobby for gun and ammunition manufacturers rather than gun owners.”
- Write gun control legislation. Pass gun control legislation.
- Before voting on gun control bill, try, if you can, to remember any recent examples in which guns have been used to kill innocent people.
- Acknowledge that it’s going to be hard to buck the pressure of the high-powered gun lobby, but not that fucking hard, dumbass.
- Consider if overwhelming public support for a particular measure is something you want to be associated with or not.
- Inform your decision by researching whether guns are good or bad when placed in the wrong hands.
- Muster everything that’s left in your black, desiccated heart to do something that might actually be of service to someone other than yourself.
- Carefully assess the other side of the argument wherein mentally unstable people can buy weapons at a gun show with no problem whatsoever, and then realize there is no other side of this argument.
- Put on your stupid little suit, run a comb through your greasy hair, go to the U.S Capitol building, pick up your fancy little gold pen, and pass a fucking gun control bill.
On March 29, 2013, ExxonMobile’s Pegasus pipeline burst in Mayflower, AR, spewing an estimated 5,000 barrels of tar sands oil through town neighborhoods and into a marsh connected to Lake Conway, one of the biggest recreational fishing areas in the state.
This is a fresh reminder of what is at stake. Stand up to big oil by sending a message to Secretary of State, John Kerry. We need to know the TRUE environmental cost of the KXL Pipeline.